We leave for Cancun tomorrow, so I wanted to get this last Valentine's Day post out for you! While I have a few more surprises up my sleeve for Nolan, this one came a little earlier in the week and we snacked on them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Sweet, nutty, and memorable, these rice krispie treats should be just another reminder of why you're with your loved one this Valentine's Day!
Brown Butter Rice Krispie Treats
As with many of my recipes, this one, too, is versatile. Use the add-ins you want, change up the white chocolate to dark, and write whatever message you want to convey to your baby boy.
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 12 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 12 cup rice krispies
- 1 tablespoon red sprinkles
- Pinch of flaked sea salt
- 12 oz white chocolate (chips are fine)
- 1/4 teaspoon red dye (plus more for writing, amount may vary by quality of dye)
- In a dutch oven, melt your butter on medium-high, allow it to cook until brown and slightly nutty
- Immediately add your marshmallow fluff and begin stirring
- Add sugar and continue to melt your marshmallow down
- When completely melted, take off heat and stir in your cereal, sprinkles, and salt
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, press down with slightly oiled hands
- Allow to cool and harden slightly and cut into hearts with a cookie cutter
- While these finish cooling, melt your chocolate in a large bowl
- Divide your treats in half. For the first half dip into the white chocolate and return to parchment to cool
- When you've done your first half, now mix red dye into the remaining white chocolate and mix to create a pale pink
- Dip remaining treats into the chocolate
- Finally, using a toothpick, paint with more dye saying on the hearts and enjoy!